Sunday, November 19, 2017

Where I Went


I shared a photo the other day of a doctor I had 14 years ago. My bleed was 15 years ago. This was the first place I went to after I had a brain bleed, my AVM stroke. It was a private rehab at a county hospital.


I spent a great deal longer there than government insurance would cover. As far as I know this program doesn't accept government insurance. I kept my work insurance after discharge under a little used ruling called COBRA. This is probably the first clue I had all my faculties plus more. Not many people are aware of the ruling.

The place I went to is a top notch brain rehabilitation program in California. I credit a lot of what you see today to them. They laid the foundation of which later skills are built on. The skill you see today may not have been there yet while I was there, but the building blocks were.



This is the first time I left a hospital for a few hours. 
It was that rehab. You can see the tube in my neck 
that would later be hooked to a ventilator.
On later thought, not many can be unhooked from a ventilator.



My post:
Hey! I haven't seen a pic of her in a long time. The 3rd from left is [my doctor back then]. She was my doctor there 14yrs ago.
I went to this rehab with my prvt work ins. When the ins ran out I became govt n moved many times. The govt ruled me not conscious n vegetative. I was not to get rehab.
I wasn't talking or typing yet, so it had to be a trip for [people at that rehab] to hear from me.
I left a govt program in 2006. I kept getting told I'd die before 40. I'll soon be 48.
They, Valley Medical Center Rehabilitation knew something was up, tho. They suspected Locked-In Syndrome back then. It prolly was. So many now said it most likely is the case n my typing is me coming out.
The govt still has me listed as vegetative! Not only no rehab, but no neuro either. Neuro is only consult to a hospital. I'm not in a hospital.
_______________________________________

I didn't stay in the rehab because my insurance ran out. I had reached my cap. (Currently, this can't  happen. It depends on politics.) I became Medi-Cal in California. This is the national Medicaid program.

I moved many times. I'd say this was due to lack of case management. I'd be put in a program. After there for a bit, the program administrators saw that I didn't fit the program and I'd have to move. A case manager would match the fit before any person is sent. My paperwork is also an issue. According to that paperwork, I am unconscious. Imagine staff surprise when they find out that I'm not, http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2012/02/a-special-kind-of-stupid.html

Government placement kept saying I would die soon. Now that I think about it, what were they basing this assumption on? The CDC mean is 78.8 years before death. At the last hospital in that lengthy stay, a doctor said to a nurse right in front of me, "She won't make it to 40." Did that doctor mean I'd die if I remained in care? There will be no argument from me if that was the reason. I already had one hospital super bug that nearly claimed me. I don't think this was what that doctor meant when he said that, though. This is completely contradictory.... The hospital staff thought that I'd die from an AVM bleed, but they removed the stitches from the experimental surgery that removed it.

That is a dead body in the top left corner.
My roommate had died. 
I got used to death being nearby.


To believe I would die from something not there was due to poor record keeping. I can only say, 'Get off your high horse! You didn't perform the surgery, so it never happened? You refused to note it? Now there are even bigger problems."

True life expectancy was never addressed. I have made the only attempt, http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2017/01/new-estimated-lifespan.html
What if the following happened, "I was thinking that the way I believe neurogenesis was started may have possibly set up a never-ending cycle"? http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2017/06/sparking-imagination.html This should be addressed.

Not much could be done for me if some freak accident gave me immortality. (Longevity is more likely, but imagination doesn't hurt.) A heads up could be given to scientists in the field of longevity. Who said this couldn't be cross-disciplined? I am the writer here, and I can notify whoever I want.


11-20-2017
There is definitely something wrong with life-expectancy. The govt was saying 40 before I left. I'll be 48 in Jan. The AVM was removed, so go back to the CDC estimate of 78.8, right? Well no if a stroke is the event that cleans damage of age left in cells. Take the CDC avg and add my age at time of stroke.
 

1 comment: