Sunday, March 1, 2020

Thinking About Tomorrow


"Grit is living life like a marathon, not a sprint."



This is the surgery that I said "No" to. 

I hadn't been speaking for months. I had a stroke the previous year. I hadn't spoken or given any reaction to medical professionals. So, when they started talking about this surgery, I  blurted out "No!"

It must have been really loud and clear. I think the doctor and Physical Therapist were shocked. This was a simple surgery that usually isn't denied. I was thinking about the future. That surgery would be a pain in the butt.

There wasn't supposed to be a tomorrow. I was supposed to die 16/17 years ago. I was holding on, though. This was for my immediate care. The medical personell at that time did not know that I would hold on for one more year.


15 years ago I had experimental surgery. If I made it there would be a future. I made it.


Now it is looked back and it was a good thing I said no to that surgery.
















3 comments:

  1. Heart-warming. I am so glad you took the trouble to write this, and everything else on your remarkable and newsworty blog. The world has muich to learn from your experiences. I hope you reach a wide audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm trying. Long ago, I figured that I could reach the most ppl with a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which of the posts on your blog is best for me to tell people to read, to discover you?

    ReplyDelete