Monday, June 5, 2017

Sparking The Imagination


I got a sick feeling when I wrote "I Re-Set My Clock," http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2015/06/i-re-set-my-clock.html



I was thinking that the way I believe neurogenesis was started may have possibly set up a never-ending cycle. I'm re-reading the primer on stem cells put out by NIH. It's been updated. It now appears that I may have iPSC cells. "Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) are adult cells that have been genetically reprogrammed to an embryonic stem cell–like state by being forced to express genes and factors important for maintaining the defining properties of embryonic stem cells. Although these cells meet the defining criteria for pluripotent stem cells, it is not known if iPSCs and embryonic stem cells differ in clinically significant ways." https://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/6.htm  These are very much stem cell-like.

Originally, I thought I may have spinal stem cells, caused by the bleed. I was told that the blood from the bleed "ran down your neck." What major bone is in the neck? The spinal cord is there. I figured I gave myself a spinal tap with the bleed.

What kind of cells are responsible for my neural repair? Are new stem cells periodically generated? If the answer to this one is "yes" then there is the possibility of being immortal. There would be neural repair forever.

If I have iPSC stem cells, will they return to the state they were before? I liked this one theory, iPSCs were originally embryonic stem cells that went dormant.

This means my recovery is all due to the NDE. Miracle recovery, yes, but how do you turn those genes off? There's still a possibility of immortality. I've never heard of someone living forever before, so this is lacking.

I'll stick with 110 years old, http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2017/01/new-estimated-lifespan.html That's just theory! It's not a given fact that I'll live to that age. The theory has more substance than my being immortal. This idea can spark imagination, though. I wouldn't mind sci-fi stories.



I'm gonna live forever. Baby remember my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment