Thursday, July 9, 2020

What's My Diagnosis?



I just want to find out my true diagnosis with Medicare/Medicaid. In the rehab it was made Persistent Vegetative State, and later they couldn't change it when they started communicating with me. Recently, a family member found paperwork from back in 2006 from the hospital I was at. (A different hospital.) They had me as Acute Respiratory Failure in 2005. Records end there, but I left in 2006.



How am I alive?

So I haven't been breathing since 2005.  It says cleared in small letters below but that doesn't change a diagnosis.

I actually was in a coma when diagnosed. The diagnosis supposedly couldn't be changed. Then, I saw those papers that said I am dead.
______________





I do  know that I am in a coma.




My eyes are open, so it's an open-eye coma.
______________

Ten years ago I saw a local doctor for redetermination. He kept gasping, "What happened?" I  later saw another doctor for redetermination. Either of these doctors could have changed my diagnosis, but I was under the impression that I was stuck with the original. Diagnosis is federal, not state. 

Both of the diagnoses of Persistent Vegetative State and Acute Respiratory Failure are wrong. I am not in a coma and I am not dead.
______________


I just want to know what my diagnosis is. Why can't it be simple brain injury?

I have a few more things to try, but this is not readily available information. (I have to make an account on-line with Medicare? That's faster than calling them.)


No comments:

Post a Comment