Tuesday, April 30, 2019

My Set Up


My set up...





When I opened my eyes almost two months after a stroke, a machine was breathing for me. I did not breathe on my own.

I did not speak, either.

Like the man in that video above, I could only blink my left eye. "On 8 December 1995 at the age of 43, [Jean-Dominiqe] Bauby suffered a major stroke. When he woke up twenty days later, he found he was entirely speechless; he could only blink his left eyelid. Called locked-in syndrome, this is a condition wherein the mental faculties remain intact but most of the body is paralyzed. In Bauby's case, his mouth, arms, and legs were paralyzed, and he lost 27 kilograms (60 lb) in the first 20 weeks after his stroke,". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Dominique_Bauby




I'm alive at home and no one knows how. 1. I got off that machine. 2. I learned my medical care. 3. I became vocal, just a few words. 4. I convinced a doctor to let me die at home. I didn't die, though. I've been slowly getting better. (I had an experimental surgery at an independent hospital addressing my impending death.) _____________________ 



It's not possible that I have any genetic links to this person, Jean-Dominique Bauby. He is a few years younger than my father and died a few years before my stroke. I never knew of his case until years after my stroke. Genetic Memory can not be involved in this instance. What can be spooky, though, may be even spookier in my case. I am familiar with Carl Jung's principals. One I wanted to know more about is connected to psychic activity, the Collective Unconscious. This is the spooky term. Genetic memories may not have been passed down to me. Rather, I picked up on other people's memories and knowledge. I knew what to do because they knew what to do.
_____________________


It will be strange. I started with an NDE, Near Death Experience. NDEs have been associated with miracle healings, but these have been much quicker. I've been getting better for years. Near Death Experiences are strange. They are not explainable. People who have had them have been called mentally ill. The NDE cannot be proved. People who say they have had them are skeptically looked at. My NDE is a bit different. Medical records must be used to determine near and actual death. Also due to my type of injury, I have little to no recollection of that particular instance. My current behavior, or outcomes, will have to determine what happened. This makes the NDE referable. I have no idea how far this slow progression will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment