Sunday, May 5, 2019

Getting My Story Out


"It was an honor to tell Angela’s miraculous story in my Merced Sun-Star column" -Mike Tharp.
 
The article was scanned. The direct link doesn't work anymore, but  I put the article in this story,  https://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2012/02/angela.html My music therapist scanned it for an e-mail.

I made the therapist's e-mail into a story. He gives his first-hand account of me. He saw that I was placed with the vegetative patients and that I had started talking. He saw that I was put up front to show off my success. (Unknowingly, the hospital was showing off a grave error. They were showing off that I was misdiagnosed.)
___________________

I don't know why the government STILL says I'm not conscious. It doesn't look good. It looks like they are hiding something. It looked like they were hiding me.

It doesn't make  any sense. I can give the first 5 years to honest mistake. The second set of 5 years should have been investigation. What is the third set (10-15 years)? I'm now on  my way to 17 years. There's no excuse.

___________________

This is the problem with the government's cookie cutter policy. Other cases are not like mine. Every brain injury is different as is every brain. We are individuals.



Saying that we are individuals can get me in trouble. Yes, people as a group are alike in many ways. Each person, though, is unique.



___________________

My brain injury was repairable. I wouldn't immediately have regression and die if I was given the proper treatment. I had to find the independent university that would do this. Stanford, this university, was never given any credit.

What you have been seeing is brain growth. It's slow and methodical. I am not recovering lost skills. I am re-learning them. I'm a fast learner (but it's still years from my injury.)



1 comment:

  1. U can't compare a brain injury to an STD. U weren't practicing safe sex n suffer from your own folly, just like u believe in finding a faith healer on the internet. Sorry, but there is no pity here.

    ReplyDelete