Friday, June 24, 2016

Is it too good to be true?



Excuse me, but I used to be blind in my right eye and now I'm not, and nobody sees that as a big deal?

I've thought it was rewiring mainly, but I recently read that an over-the-counter eye medication is reversing the damage caused by MS. Could this be the same thing happening with brain injury? Eye drops or my body...both should be looked at.


"A common antihistamine used to treat symptoms of allergies and the common cold, called clemastine fumarate, partially reversed damage to the visual system in people with multiple sclerosis (MS) in a preliminary study." What brand is it in? Tavist came up.



I take a different medication. I use Naphcon-A eye drops. They are both allergy medications. At home, I will put the eye drops in as soon as I get a burning sensation in my eye. The burning stops immediately. To note, my eye may have already been closed for an extended time. It would not be dry eye. Long ago, when Naphon-A became OTC, my doctor said it was a "vasoconstrictor." It works by narrowing the blood vessels in the eye. I'm pretty sure what got me here was vascular. I had an AVM (arteriovenos malformation) bleed. I know, "'had." That's past tense. It's now gone. Isn't it a vascular problem? Blood vessel dilation and constriction is also vascular. There may be correlation here.

I do know I see now with both eyes. I may not be legally blind anymore. I would still be low vision, probably. Testing is not covered.






NOTE:  This medication has been recalled and banned due to other problems.  11/21/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment