Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Coming Back Deadpool Style



I feel like I'm Deadpool growing his hand back.
 

 
I have that general achy feeling after a car wreck, but only on one side of my body. There will also be specific pain from muscle use. For example, on the day I asked for ibuprofen, my right side torso hurt. Currently it is my right forearm. My right side was totally paralyzed from the stroke in 2002, but it started moving some after surgery in 2004. Today there is a lot of movement and it is almost typical function.
             

I'm not a salamander and I don't grow limbs back,



Somehow, my brain is back. I asked the home nurse to add some ibuprofen to my morning meds. Years ago, when regaining function of this hand that I type with, I would ask for Tylenol-3. I usually had a standing prescription. I was in the hospital and also had frequent pain in my head.


Rewiring, neuroplasticity, can have neurogenesis with it. Rewiring by itself means the wiring was already there. These are the people that recover in rehab.

But what about the miracle recoveries, sometimes years later? I believe that to be neurogenesis. The body had to grow the wiring before it could be wired. These miracle people were lucky to have the right environment or people. They might have had the right chemistry going on. Blood testing should regularly occur. There can be clues before a miracle.

All the pain meds I take... is this a clue?


__________________________________________



I'm brain dead. This busts me up laughing. Maybe, just maybe, I wasn't brain dead but brain wiring dead. I'd suppose that some of my brain was still alive. What was left, eventually got wired to; the bit of brain that was alive and not detected by eye was missed. I would think that if a scan was done now there would be evidence of a massive stroke. (See the importance of a scan?)

"Not detected by eye" shows the importance of a brain scan AFTER blood has cleared. A sponge may appear to be used up until it is wrung out. We can't wring out brains. We have to wait.

I did get a second scan. It was never accepted by the government because it was performed in conjunction with an experimental brain surgery at Stanford University. If I was brain dead, that university would have immediately gone to press. It would have made a huge discovery.

Stanford proceeded and the government program that I was in changed my diagnosis to "semi-vegetative." It was obvious by then I was not all the way vegetative. I stayed for another 1 1/2 years in the government program. When the particular unit I was in closed, I came home. The hospital and the government did not close. Funding ended. Other patients were picked up by other facilities. I was "semi-vegetative" and assumed to die. I was sent home.

If any attention had been given to that experimental surgery at Stanford, I would not die from a defect the government left in my head. No, I haven't died. A secondary condition (possibly savant syndrome) then also has to be looked at, because how could a disabled person verbally instruct others on how to do medical care?

MCS, Minimally Conscious State, would have been the proper diagnosis at that time. I've grown since then. It wouldn't fit now. No, there was misdiagnosis and now you have a monster. To that I say live with it.


Deadpool could be a hero or a monster.
Depends on who you are.
I am a hero or a monster.
 Depends on who you are. 



No comments:

Post a Comment