Saturday, July 28, 2018

My Experience (for IANDS)

I submitted this to the International Association for Near Death Studies, Inc, IANDS. I will post a link if they publish it.     - Angela
 __________________________________

I am still vegetative. This happened in 2002.
http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2016/05/my-ndes.html

 _______________________________
From Dec 16, 2002, to most of Jan 2003, I was in a flat out cold, eyes closed coma. There was no mistaking this. I was out.

I opened my eyes mid-January. It was actually my left eye. I didn't talk or move. I was labeled vegetative, case closed. I would die the next time the AVM in my head bled.

I learned to communicate with my family by blinking. I went to a rehab in Northern California. Their contention was that I was not vegetative. I had Locked-In Syndrome. They got the left side of my body moving. Right before I left there, I started vocalizing.

I taught myself to speak some while the government moved me around. In 2004, I had surgery at Stanford to remove the AVM in my head.

I spent another year and a half in a government program. You are seeing the results of what I did. I got my left hand able to type. That place was closing. I got a sister to sign me out, I was never discharged.

I had other things to do. That program was wasting my time. I rehabbed my left hand. I taught myself to talk. The nurses were putting me up front because I was a star. Didn't it ever occur to them that I was such a star because of the surgery I had at Stanford? They tried to suppress that. Did they want the credit?

_________________________
So that government program told me that my diagnosis was "semi-vegetative." That still means vegetative.

Am I just an empty vessel channeling the spirits of dead people? Is my writing no more than an elaborate Ouija board?

I have a second theory. I'm not vegetative at all. My brain cells grew back. We won't know without testing.
Either way it's mystical.

No comments:

Post a Comment