Monday, June 11, 2018

Giving Credit


I only exist because of Stanford University and Hospital (now, not since birth). If it had been left to traditional means, I'd be dead now. Traditional meant leave the AVM that was in my head and treat my symptoms with medications. No matter how you look at it, I'd be dead right now if that blood clot was left in my brain. Doctors at Stanford University and Hospital removed it.

I was shot with that laser a couple of times before AVM removal, and yes, each time was out-patient. I was residing at a completely different location. I was moved to a different hospital while I had a final brain surgery at Stanford.




Whatever happened with my brain started before I went to Stanford. At that time of Stanford's surgery, I appeared MCS. When I first had the bleed, I was left in an eyes-closed coma. I appeared PVS. I got some movement back in the months following me opening my eyes. When I went to Stanford, I was vocalizing. I wasn't speaking like I do now. I did not type at all. I wasn't expected to survive as the government saw it, so "Vegetative" was kept.

That surgery I had allowed my skills to continue to develop. What you see happening in me has never been seen to happen before. Frankly, anyone else who had a bleeding AVM was dead.

If my writing sounds boastful, I'd say that sounds typical from a teenager. My bleed was 16 years ago. Look into that.

The government should have acknowledged that Stanford even performed a surgery. Right now, it's being left to a miracle and faith got rid of a physical deformity. There was a physical surgery. Any faith is outside that. (To go many years without follow-up has required me to have faith in the doctor's skill, not a religion.)




Standford is now in the "I told you so" position. They have the upper hand in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment