Thursday, December 21, 2017

Do I agree with all those theories of consciousness? No.


Do I agree with all those theories of consciousness? No, and here is why. I am unconscious. I know. I am writing this. I couldn't possibly be writing and not be conscious. 

I've garnered attention, after I started writing. I had consciousness long before, but that was like telling people in a mental ward you were not crazy. My diagnosis was "vegetative" so I was vegetative, or not conscious. Now that I am out of a hospital and write, I can write as much as I want. There is no doctor. My case is handled by bureaucrats. If I get sick, I can go to the ER, and I have a local physician for routine medical. I can not get anything out of the ordinary...this includes therapy, rehab, or routine neurology, even though I had brain surgery. I'm able to schedule a one-time appointment with a neurologist, but there is no monitoring. I don't even bother with this one anymore, and put it on my faith of doctor skill.

I posted this video in an on-line support group:


This is just one of the many theories, but a question was asked. "Do you believe all those theories?"

Precious information has now been lost. Nothing was recorded. I'm talking about brain growth. Obviously my brain has grown between now and 15 years ago when I had a severe stroke that killed all my brain but brainstem. Take a scan of my brain now. I'm sure it will show a lot more areas active than just brainstem. That is why I disagree with those theories of consciousness. I am not a theory. Real live breathing tissue holds the answer.

The general answer will be the amount. Somewhere between my brain as it is now and how it was 15 years ago lies the answer to the consciousness problem. That's going to be amount of neurons. You are going to have to have more than just brainstem.

I say information is lost because we didn't know to look at specific areas of the brain. I'm not sure if even such technology exists yet. Sure hindsight is 20/20, but what good is it if the camera hasn't been invented? These structures may only be able to be seen at autopsy. Growth may not have been able to be monitored.

The following video asks some questions that make me wonder. The split brain problem could actually be performed now. If you believe mind is outside the body, you wouldn't get two yous.


Am I me, or am I an imposter of me? I've been saying my consciousness comes from growth. Somehow a new, second, imposter brain is grown? Now that sounds silly. I'm me.

Go back to that first video. It's basically saying the mind is in the loops. These loops can exist inside and outside the body. The loops allow for consciousness.

I've most likely always had loops. Over the years, my number of loops most likely increased. Loops can't currently be measured in humans. What recently was tested on me I question. My ability to swallow was taken by the stroke. Doing what bureaucrats do, they issue an order to test my swallow. I don't swallow, so hence, I am still not conscious.
(Lollipops only mean you can handle your own saliva and that is where I'm currently at.)

No comments:

Post a Comment