Wednesday, December 27, 2017

My Late Recovery


The brain cell may be gone forever, but the action isn't. (This may be a fictitious statement, but it is a culmination of what was taught and experience.)
 


____________________________________

Excuse me, but I used to be quadriplegic.  I would think that being able to use both hands again after 15 years qualifies as improvement. Talking wasn't good enough for the government program I was in. The doctor couldn't understand me.

Sorry I can't swallow. That is called dysphagia. A stroke can rob swallowing and that's what happened here. An inability to swallow does not mean I'm not conscious or in a coma.

Maybe that's why there aren't any recoveries here. The government seems hellbent on keeping me vegetative. Where was the investigation?


____________________________________


Those late recoveries... Did it ever occur that neurogenesis is happening with neuroplasticity in these cases? I bet it is very rare. This is what it looked like to me.

Neuroplasticty is rewiring. Most have heard of rewiring the brain, but what is neurogenesis?





_____________________________________



 How many 2-month periods have I had
in the last 15 years?

I bet I'm producing more than one neuron each time. 


________________________

2/17/2018
"The brain cell may be gone forever, but the action isn't" probably means a different cell is now doing the moving. If not, I am making ghostly movements. So neuroplasticity occurred. Since there were no other cells available, neurogenesis would also have had to occur. If not, these are ghostly movements and you are dealing with the supernatural.


No comments:

Post a Comment