Friday, December 9, 2016

Fools! Bureaucratic Fools!


"Fools! Bureaucratic fools! They don't know what they've got there!"



The audacity! The stupidity! I don't know what to call it. Supposedly I am in a coma, unconscious to the world, and my food is cut off until I submit a swallowing evaluation. Where is the logic in that?

Here is where it says I'm in a coma. I took out every hospital name. It's me, all me, and I don't have any legal problems with myself. "I" am sharing "MY" information and I won't sue myself.

CLICK TO MAKE BIGGER
It says COMA in the bottom left corner.


 I keep getting asked what my GCS was. My GCS, or Glasgow Coma Score, was 3. That's the lowest you can get and still be alive. "Having no respiratory drive" means I wasn't breathing. I've written and have pictures of the hole left by the ventilator, http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-hole.html 

The person described is dying. She's not going to make it.

Something happened.

Now I am writing this. I write a lot of things. I somewhat talk also. This is blowing people away.

I'm not like I was pre-bleed. I'm not like that description above. I'm not like I was when I left the last hospital I resided in. I now have movement in my left hand and I am writing. That didn't happen in any hospital.

I don't appear to be in any coma what-so-ever!

I was in a coma from 12/2002 - 1/2003. My eyes were closed, and I was told I looked like I was sleeping. I have then been vegetative until present. The vegetative state is being called a coma. Maybe the last hospital should have changed that when I left, or maybe they thought I was finally going to die. Well. I didn't.
______________________________

Now this completely gets me...if I am unconscious, how do I swallow? I currently have a feeding tube. Formula is placed by a caregiver into a special bag and it is hung. It looks like an IV. (This also isn't normal outside of a medical setting, but it does happen. People do go home from the hospital with serious medical problems.) Why would Medicare decide now that I need to have a swallowing evaluation in order to get formula and feeding tube supplies?

Dear Medicare,  WTF?





_________________________________


Everywhere I went (after the bleed), I was going to die. That should have changed in 2004. In 2004, I had surgery that took the death factor away. All this other stuff (progress in skills) has been on me. It's mostly exercise. The government doesn't pay for anything extra. I only have a few things I paid for or got from a friend. My prognosis should have been changed in 2004 and it wasn't. So what you have now is a miracle.

Again, bureaucracy prevails. An entire surgery is omitted because government didn't pay for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment