Monday, September 28, 2020

I Need the Tube Out

 

"You have something protruding from your stomach," my daughter.




 
That's not what happened, but it's more exciting.      


                                            
I had been treating specific, mild pain  of my g-tube site. The G-Tube is where my feeding  tube goes into my stomach. 

The pain got worse. I ended up going to the hospital. Pain and redness warrant that.

Gauze was placed over the tube and an ambulance took me.

.
Under the gauze.
Redness  is infection.


They sent me back home!

I took an ambulance there and a  different "medical transport" took me back, without ever looking under the gauze.


Pus built up. The next day the feeding tube popped out. I told my daughter to push it in. I yelled.

When the G-Tube doctor opened an appointment was made.

The G-Tube was replaced and I am treating an unknown infection. 
_____________________

I can't take this anymore. I may not be conscious for the next infection.



About me- In 2002 I had a stroke. It robbed me of speech and movement. It has been years. I now type with one finger and speak enough to not be understood. I didn't used  to be a doctor or a nurse. I just know how.


No comments:

Post a Comment