Saturday, April 11, 2020

I Am Not Paralyzed Anymore



To say that I am quadriplegic is just flat out wrong. I need to be re-evaluated for RESIDUAL QUADRIPARESIS, because Hell if I am still Quadriplegic. I move everything now. I'm just not strong enough to bear weight.

An occupational therapist helped me find the term.



If I am quadriplegic, then how am I typing this? Yes, I am motor impaired, but I am not paralyzed. I use one finger to type.


____________________


The picture above is an exercise I did in rehab 17 years ago.


I continued with using that particular movement for the last 17 years because it is easier for diaper changing. I was showing a CNA what I learned in Physical Therapy. She had me push up for diaper changing and the skill has remained.


______________________

Few know this, but when I opened my eyes, I was in SCI, Spinal Cord Injury. I did not break my spinal cord, but injury was so severe that my initial presentation appeared to be quadriplegic.

Movement is a miracle. I do move everything now. Movement is just weak. I can't support my body to stand.



I still maintain that my body released adult stem cells. My development looks like the videos I have seen of quadriplegics who successfully receive stem cell therapy.

The man in the video had stem cell therapy.
He has RESIDUAL QUADRIPARESIS.

_________________________


Why is it taking so long?

It's mostly a paperwork issue, I think. The computer system could have been set up not to record a new diagnosis, but I have yet to receive a new diagnosis. I'm not sure what the problem is.

With the old diagnosis. A person usually dies. I should be dead by now.

This might be why it's so long. I'm dead... on paper. If a ghost was writing, that would be a different problem. 

I don't know what the hang-up is. I've recently enlisted help from my local state government to deal with this federal issue. That would be my successful application for Brain Injury Medicaid Waiver. We'll see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment