Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Remembering Angela Ronson

To all of Angela's friends, this is her eldest daughter Marina:

My mom Angela Ronson peacefully passed away early Friday morning in her sleep at the age of 51. Life has a bit of a different outlook than it did when I woke up this morning.

I know 51 sounds young, but my mom was living on borrowed time. My family and I are so grateful we got to have 19 extra years with her after her AVM ruptured and she had her stroke in December 2002. I knew the day would come when I would lose my mom for the second time, I just didn’t expect it so soon.

My mom loved living, and she fought like hell to stay earth side as long as her body would allow her. She was one of the strongest and smartest people I’ve ever known in my life and I’m so blessed and grateful that she brought me into this world. Her wit and tenacity and resilience were thankfully passed on to me, as was her bravery. She stuck around long enough to get to know her granddaughter Layla and to see me and my sister both graduate from high school. These things are more than I ever could have asked for. I wish like hell she could see me graduate college next year, meet my future spouse, and that my future children - her grandchildren - could have met their grandmother. They would have loved her.

My mom loved my sister and I so much and was always so proud of us, even when we struggled. She gave us everything she could even though life was not easy. I am going to miss her dearly.

Angela is survived by her parents, Myra Metz and Robert Ronson, her stepfather Alan Metz, her sisters Carla Mahaffey, Vanessa Mejia, and Gina Ronson, her 10 nieces and nephews, her daughters Marina Pauline Garcia (me) and Sarah Alyce Daneri, and her granddaughter Layla Diane Abasta.

I will be in the process of making arrangements over the next few days and will keep loved ones posted. If you knew my mom and would like to get in touch with me, my number is (714) 478-3181. I may not be able to answer right away, but I will be responding to texts and calls as I can.

Donations toward funeral costs can be made directly to myself through Venmo or Zelle, both of which can be found via my phone number. Venmo can also be found via @marinapaulineee.

There will be a virtual service with details posted in the coming days. If you have photos of or with my mother, please email them to marinagarcia94@live.com or text them to me.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s love and support.







1 comment:

  1. If possible, please try to keep this blog and Angela's Twitter account online. I'd be honoured to help with this. I never met your mother, but I recognised a strength in her and regarded her web presence as tremendously important, not only to Angela herself, but also to the world, including people who haven't yet discovered it. I would like to continue to publicise the blog on Twitter. I think that is what Angela would have wanted.

    I spoke about Angela to my wife for the first time during the last week or so, possibly after she'd already passed away. Rene Descartes ("I think therefore I am") was also mentioned, and a trip of mine to the dentists about 45 years ago when I had an anaesthetic. I prayed then with my wife for Angela to make a complete recovery, swallow reflex and all. Who knows, perhaps her peaceful passing away is as much a healing in a metaphorical sense as her literal healing, which I had in mind, would have been literally. It is not what I expected or hoped for, but it is something.

    Angela's testimony should be heeded by those who are in favour of what they euphemistically call euthanasia. She brought home to me the truth of the saying that where there is life, there is hope. Though I wouldn't wish her misfortunes upon my worst enemy, I thank God for the healing she did experience and the contribution she made (and I hope will make) to the education of all her readers (including those still to become readers), which is like precious gold or silver, refined in the fiery crucible of Angela's suffering, about which she made surprisingly little fuss in her writings.

    I'd hoped for more from Angela, over many years to come, but perhaps she'd done enough for the world, whilst not exactly comfortable all the time. We that are left can and must make good use of her work after her. It is just a pity that she went before her grandchildren arrived, as you say.

    Commiserations to you over your loss of a loved one. Thank you for announcing the news to those who only knew Angela online, not in real life. That was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete