Sunday, June 16, 2019

What Do You Do?


I wrote this last year as an answer to a question. Now it's for everyone else. I don't make plans to do anything. I just lay in bed all day. I don't even eat. I have a feeding tube. (That's why the lollipops I have are a big deal now. It's been 17 years with no food.) I will speak now. If I do anything special it is with words.

The question clicks back to the original. It has over 100 answers.



This question previously had details. They are in a comment.
Angela Ronson
Angela Ronson, studied at San Francisco State University



Originally Answered: What is it that you do for a living? 

Nothing, but this isn’t living. Now is it?
Right now, at this very moment, I am classified as in a coma. My diagnosis is semi-vegetative. Vegetative is a coma and the eyes may be open. “Semi” was added after I started talking.
So I don’t do anything but breathe. I’ll type on the computer, but it’s not for a living. According to my diagnosis, I am not conscious. So I don’t know what this is.
I only use one finger to type. That’s not enough to make a living at anything according to the powers that may be in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment