Sunday, February 25, 2018

Stimulating My Brain


In looking for a way to stimulate this area shaded in blue, tDCS was recommended. I've been told that area corresponds to  the motor and somatosensory cortex.




tDCS is primarily done on your own. Given electricity and a brain, almost anyone can do it. Well, I don't trust almost anyone. tDCS is stimulating the brain with electricity. It stands for Transcranial Direct-Current Stimulation.




First I need to know what it is.





I don't want my head cut open again, so this may be the way to go. Why isn't this closed head technique as studied as Deep Brain Stimulation?




It isn't as available or regulated as the Deep Brain Stimulation is available. The closed-head stimulation, tDCS, is the Wild West of brain stimulation.
____________________________

I worried about placement. I wanted to stimulate the motor cortex and most devices were aimed at the front of the brain. Then I stumbled on sports. Athletics target this area.

It looks like the devices used for athletics can be moved to target other brain lobes. 


A band such as this, may be positioned to hit the side of the head. I haven't found this particular device for sale. I could only find this picture.

This is looking like the direction I am going. I might be the guinea pig. I'll have to look at university programs now. I'd like skilled people placing this thing on my head.



 

2 comments:

  1. transcranial stimulation

    Transcranial Stimulation - TheBrainDriver v2.1 Digital tDCS. Complete Kit with All Accessories.  Get Precise tDCS Performance, Sleek, Portable Styling, Important Safety Features & Reliability on a Budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering this one. It's even on Amazon.

      Delete