Thursday, September 6, 2018

I Am From Limbo


Facebook must have changed it's slogan to "If you are looking for a good time." I say this because I'm getting an extraordinary amount of sexually suggestive messages, on this site only.

I have a Facebook account and a majority of questions I get come from people affected by brain injury. I have a lot of sufferers, family, and researchers who follow me. There are some just interested, and I recently started getting followers that some would call right-to-lifers.

Lately, I keep getting messages asking where I am from. It has been enough for me to write about it. People who read these know I am not in a hospital or medical facility anymore. They know I am in California and this has played a big factor in my survival. I didn't have the political policy pushing for the removal of my feeding tube. The people who read this wouldn't ask me where I am from.

Limbo is a place of uncertainty. When I was younger, I heard it referred to. Now it's just implied, but I'd guess a priest would explain it to you. In Catholicism, when a person dies, they don't go straight to Heaven. They go to Limbo. They are prayed for. Also, all the unbaptized babies go there. (The order is Limbo, Purgatory, Hell.) This was still a big concept in the '70's when I was a kid. It was somewhere in between Heaven and Hell. It isn't talked about much anymore, but people who have recently died are mentioned at church services so they may be prayed for.

I'm just going to start answering those "Where are you from" questions with "I am from Limbo." I'll also roll my eyes. I am neither in Heaven nor am I in Hell. I'm not dead or conscious. I am Semi-Vegetative. That's a coma. I'm in between just like limbo is in between.


Where is Limbo?


UPDATED 9/19/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment