Saturday, February 17, 2018

Heal Thyself


"So maybe the first thing I will think of, will be to actually use my brain to restore my...." He then states eyesight. I cover that in another esasay, http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2017/03/lets-make-deal.html

The man is answering a question about trading eyesight for IQ. I am doing another physical skill now, but this is along the same lines that I am experiencing. My eyesight is good enough to get by. I'm no longer  blind in my right eye and I can see the computer screen.

Currently, I am working on swallowing. I swallow throughout the day, but it is not controlled. I cannot eat and have a feeding-tube for nutrition. I remember dealing with this issue years ago with some toddlers. Parents were recommended lollipops. I now use a lollipop.




This is actually called something, Functional Oral Rehabilitation. I call it Lollipop Therapy. "Conclusion: Sucking lollipop exercise could be a prospective option which improves the oral environment in addition to oral function of dementia patients." Functional Oral Rehabilitation using Lollipop Candy for a Dysphagia Patient with... | Request PDF. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/277634496_Functional_Oral_Rehabilitation_using_Lollipop_Candy_for_a_Dysphagia_Patient_with_Moderate_Dementia [accessed Feb 16 2018].
____________________________________



"Boom, now it's gone." I can say that.

When patients have a rare deadly disease, they need to be in clinical trials.

I didn't have cancer, but it was just as deadly. It was immediate pending death due to placement.

I'm still here and the anomaly in my brain is gone. I'd say the clinical trial worked. This was just one issue in a list of many that had to be resolved. It was probably the most important issue, because I couldn't do anything if I was dead.
____________________________________


Since I immediately wouldn't die, I could think about other issues I had. "I could think." That meant I was misdiagnosed. I searched around and came up with Locked-In Syndrome.

I now look like a person recovering from Locked-In Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment