Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Regrettably, the matters you raise in your email are not within our jurisdiction."


There have been problems. The included letter and e-mail show that. This letter is in response to the reply I received from The Office of Civil Rights. This is how the government is when it comes to brain injury. The e-mail is telling me I remain unconscious because that office doesn't handle this. I'm given a physical mailing address. I specifically asked for "electronic." I am not given that.

This is how brain injury is viewed. To top it off, a government office is not reached by e-mail? There is a serious problem here. I have included the letter and e-mail correspondence.
 
"The brain doesn't get better" is the prevailing feeling. All I can say then is look at me and believe your eyes.



This letter is in response to:

Tue, January 22, 2013 11:56:38 AM
RE: not right
From:
OCR Mail <OCRMail@hhs.gov>
To:Angela Ronson <angelar70@att.net>; OS OCR Complaint (HHS/OS) <OCRComplaint@hhs.gov>

Thank you for your email to the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) Complaint Mailbox.  OCR is responsible for enforcing a variety of Federal civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination, as well as a Federal law protecting the privacy of individuals’ health information. 
 
Regrettably, the matters you raise in your email are not within our jurisdiction. We are unable to provide you w-ith assistance.  You should contact the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (www.cms.gov)  at the below address for assistance:
 
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
San Francisco Regional Office
90 Seventh Street
Federal Building, Suite 5-100
San Francisco, CA  94103
           
 
To learn more about civil rights and your rights under the rules protecting the privacy of medical records, please visit our website at www.hhs.gov/ocr.
 
 
From: Angela Ronson [mailto:angelar70@att.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:51 PM
To: OS OCR Complaint (HHS/OS)
Cc: submit@neurosciencenews.com
Subject: not right
Please read    http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2013/01/slow.html

I am vegetative, PVS. I know that this is unusual for you to be getting this, but technology now makes this possible. You will notice this complaint is all electronic. I have worked for years to get one finger to be able to type. The above goes to something I wrote. I have had a consciousness disorder. There is nothing wrong with my cognitive skills.  I continue to have problems with speech and movement...not cognition.

The complaint form is attached.  I use the date of the letter http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2012/11/competent.html  as the date of consciousness.

Sincerely,
Angela Ronson

I prefer e-mail correspondence due to my voice quality.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think vegetative is a fair word to describe yourself. I realize that you wear the label as somewhat of proof of what you've been able to overcome, but clearly, you've made significant progress. I too was told (my father was told by some neuro-surgeon that I'd be in a persistent vegetative state), and I was brought home, and I persevered, remastered how to walk and talk, and communicate. I also prefer e-mail, but much of the world doesn't operate that way. Paying bills, usually is through a bank or credit union. Making decisions are important.

    ReplyDelete