Monday, March 15, 2021

A Comic Book Drama Is Close

 


This post depends on this video clip. It's amazing that my story follows a comic book. The TV series, The Flash, is based on the comic book, and the video clip is of the show.


Star Labs is Stanford. I don't have abs yet.





My body is in a state of cell generation, though.


My current unfortunate situation begins with a stroke. It wasn't the usual clogged artery stroke we are warned about. I had a bleeding stroke caused by a tangle of blood vessels in my brain. The blood clot, or mess of blood vessels, or Arteriovenus Malformation (AVM) bled in my head.

At this point I appear to be brain dead. I even have paper saying so. Dear doctors, this is why you wait for blood to clear and then do a second scan BEFORE making prognosis. (I used to do Early Intervention for babies with brain bleeds.)

The trauma center froze me to start with. My body temperature was brought down to just above freezing. The heart stops, but the patient is frozen in time, so to say. It can't remain in that state for long, but most emergency procedures can be performed. This is for dire situations, and mine was.

I didn't bolt right up into sitting. This is great for the movies, but seldom does that happen in real life. In the video, this guy had been laying in bed for 9 months, He needed those abs.

I didn't wake after 9 months. I started  opening my eyes after 5 weeks, but then I was made vegetative, PVS. I never woke. My coma just morphed into a coma with my eyes open. Technically, I am still in a coma. I'm still waiting to read in reports that I ever woke up out of a coma. 

A couple hospitals later, or 2 years...



I wasn't struck by lightening. A computer on a robot arm shot gamma rays into my head. 



Beams of Radiation Are Shot Into the Head

This is a real procedure. I had heard of radiation use in cancer. This is it but I didn't have cancer.




I wasn't struck by lightening. A computer on a robot arm shot gamma rays into my head.

 
I had stereotactic radiosurgery to reduce the size of the tangle in my head, that AVM. Once it was small enough, a regular craniotomy was done to remove it and waste.

I, and I bet doctors, too, did not know that my body would start regenerating cells. Now it is super (as in comic book). The Flash is fast. I am slow. Call me the snail. My ordeal started in 2002.








1 comment:

  1. You are jolly creative in the way you go about explaining things, I must say!

    ReplyDelete