Thursday, February 13, 2020

I'm Not Brain Man

Brain Man is a documentary movie about Daniel Tamment.





Just the first 5 minuutes is all you need. 




I used to "point at the table" when my arms worked. What's really going on is I'd visualize the numbers and do long math, the kind you learned in grade school. It is easier to do this than to straight figure in your head.

I couldn't do that hand thing when this happened. My first caregiver needed help with her timesheets. I had to do it in my head and I was the calculator. This was hard. 


_________________________


 Timesheets are real world problems. I'll do them. I refuse calculating pi.

_________________________






"A mastery of language," is said at the beginning of that video. I wouldn't even say I am a master. I remember language as being my highest testing scores in school. I do speak now. I may be the only vegetative person to do this. I wouldn't say "mastery", though. That implies finality, and I'm not all done.



When I first got on to the computer after my stroke, I headed to the social media sites on the internet. Socialization was a sore area after a long hospitalization, but I want to point out what was used. One site heavily used HTML, a computer language. I decided to teach myself this language. It only took me a few hours. 

You don't speak the language. It is for writing computer software and commands. It is used less today. I only use the pre-written embed codes found on some things and read my code on this blog website.


The general public didn't have to do this, learning a computer language, but if you remember going to my group on Myspace, it played music. How did I do that?

So, I'm the only one who talks; the only vegetative patient, that is. It makes me think that there was misdiagnosis in there somewhere. I doubt the problem lay with the doctor, but rather the technology that is not available.

There is talk of 'falling through the cracks.' A big, sly grin covers my face... my crack allowed me to pop my head back up and talk to you.





Reviving me can get annoying.



top video updated 11/15/2020, 12/26/2020


No comments:

Post a Comment