Monday, December 9, 2019

Part 2: Now What



I can see why that parent video showing how she changed her child's feeding tube was taken off. All parent videos are being replaced with medical videos made by medical professionals.









I was looking at a paper I wrote and noticed a video had been deleted. The essay is Overcoming the Stigma of a Feeding-Tube. This is Part 1. I present the issue.

 I thought that I will just replace that deleted video with another parent teaching parents video. I looked and they were all gone. Instead I found a medical professional teaching parents video.



This is how it should be. This also means the issue is recognized. I already mentioned in that article I wrote that wait times were horrible and there is a serious staffing shortage for on-going feeding tube care. Just because the issue is recognized doesn't mean that it is solved. It's just an official fact now.

_____________________________________________



I taste. I have a feeding tube, so people assume that I don't taste. To top it off, I have acid reflux. So, I'd get a feeding tube feeding, and then a bit later, the feeding formula would come back up. To make it worse, I taste the barf.

I get lollipops now. Things are much better.

For the person who can't have anything in their mouth, try flavored lip glosses and chapsticks.


Flavored lip balm is usually sold
for kids and has name brands all over them.




I wouldn't be surprised if tasting comes right before swallowing.



No comments:

Post a Comment