Sunday, January 6, 2019

Hidden In Plain Sight


I wasn't placed in a facility. Most of those places don't exist anymore. I was continually  moved around. I think I once saw five places in two years. How often do you move in two years?

The last place I was at was over a year and I was happy. I came home because it was closing and I couldn't stand the shuffle. I knew I could handle the medical care. I had been previously trained. I just had to relay that info to a caregiver.

I'm physically disabled, not mentally disabled. Try saying that when you can't speak. I was made PVS, though. It was changed to Semi-Vegetative in 2004 when I started getting words out.

My stroke was 2002 so it was a couple years of not getting anything out. I'm still "vegetative." It now looks like gross misdiagnosis, but I'll let the public decide.



I can get more than a few words out now and it is understandable.



2 comments:

  1. Such a Beautiful Video. I think it's a success for you. I support your cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete