Saturday, October 28, 2017

Just Like So Many Times Before


I made a playlist. Tom Petty  recently died, and I was making a tribute to him.

The song I start with wasn't even his, but he sings in it during this particular performance. It fits the occasion. The song belongs to Bob Dylan, but I was always comparing the two. If I was asked who Tom Petty was, I'd say he was the Bob Dylan of the '80's. They both were popular. They both had a nasal quality to their vocals, and sometimes sounded like they were pushing the words out. They both did Rock.






I was listening to this particular video. Tom Petty is with Bob Dylan. The lines "like so many times before" and at "heaven's door" filled my head with memories.

 
I "coded" or flat-lined a lot after my stroke. I was in care almost 4 years. I'd say the word 'coded' because I felt it was related to my breathing, not my heart. I had a tracheostomy and was suctioned quite often to clear my airway. 
 
Now that I think about it, that was how that chicken died. The eyedropper used to suction Mike the Headless Chicken was lost. Mike couldn't breathe and died.


You can live without a brain, if you are suctioned.


"Like so many times before," I flat-lined, "coded", or died. Say it however you like.





Hey, they both played guitar and harmonica! (Dylan is still alive and influencing culture.)


Here's the list, 




No comments:

Post a Comment