Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Recovered


Before going all government, I had private insurance. I remember the rehabilitation hospital saying my AVM bleed was in my cerebellum "next to my pons." Now that's a clue that this may be Locked-In Syndrome (LIS), but no one ls looking for that. The pons is associated with the disorder.

Persons with the disorder usually use blinking to communicate. If there is no eye movement for yes/no, then LIS and Vegetative look the same.

There are subtitles in this movie.

_______________________

I look just like this now:

Abstract

Four patients made substantial recovery following the locked-in syndrome of vascular origin. Clinical and radiologic features supported the presence of ventral pontine [Here's the pons.] infarction secondary to basilar artery occlusion. quadriplegia and mutism persisted for one to 12 weeks before recovery of motor function began. Improvement continued over several years. All patients regained functional though dysarthric speech. Three of the four patients are ambulatory, one without assistance. As a few patients make a notable recovery from the locked-in syndrome resulting from ventral pontine infarction, aggressive supportive therapy should be considered in the early months of the syndrome. http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2013/11/my-first-blog.html

_______________________


She is asked how people will look,  



This is one recovery. I'd say one of the best.


Here's another, 




I'd say I'm somewhere between those two developmental outcomes. I talk some, but I still rely on typing.



Progress is extremely slow, so I may not developmentally look the same in a few years.





No comments:

Post a Comment