Thursday, March 30, 2017

Brain Injury Medicaid Waiver in California


I was given the link for the brain injury Medicaid Waiver in California, http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/ltc/Pages/In-HomeOperations.aspx

CLICK TO ENLARGE


I had been having issues with a share of cost. I figured I'll just Medicaid Waiver the whole thing and be certified I should be in a hospital. Then that would be waived. That diagnosis that says I am a vegetable comes in handy.

I am met with, "We haven't seen this so we don't have to do it." This county had a different way of handling my issue. A family member went in and got the share of cost lowered if I purchase separate insurance.

So what's the deal with the brain injury Medicaid Waiver? We got it for a bit and then it was taken away? Is this only good for some counties but not the one I live in? It's not the local workers' fault. There could be some state policy they are not aware of.

There are brain injury Medicaid waivers available in other states. These are new with most workers. Give them some leeway. They are trying to find the best program available for you. Check with your state if there is a Medicaid Waiver available to you. The one above is California only.

This is not for everyone! Remember I said I had to be certified as hospital material? "Medicaid Waiver programs help provide services to people who would otherwise be in an institution, nursing home, or hospital to receive long-term care in the community." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicaid_waiver The person applying must be eligible for a "home" or higher. I was looking at these forms above. The medical form is 12 pages long!

This isn't easy. If anyone knows anything, please comment or message me.

1 comment: