Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Keeping You In Thought




My hands are open. 

It wasn't always that way. At first they were closed. They were shut tight in fists. It's taken forever. Fourteen years isn't forever, but it sure is a long time. It's long enough for my children to grow up and for some people to die.

I had been getting stories out like this for seven years when a photo was taken on Mother's Day. My daughter was watching a friend's baby.


I expected to see my left hand open, not closed in a loose fist.

Now we get into Jung's theory of Collective Unconscious, or just "Collective Conscious" like many have used.

However by far the most important difference between Jung and Freud is Jung’s notion of the collective (or transpersonal) unconscious. This is his most original and controversial contribution to personality theory. This is a level of unconscious shared with other members of the human species comprising latent memories from our ancestral and evolutionary past. ‘The form of the world into which [a person] is born is already inborn in him, as a virtual image’ (Jung, 1953, p. 188).  http://www.simplypsychology.org/carl-jung.html
 
The picture was on social media. I complained about my hands. The picture had forty-one LIKEs and one share. At least 41 people saw it and read that I was working on opening hands.

That means I got at least forty-one positive thoughts from others. People were keeping me in thought.

Have you heard about the 'Power of Prayer'? Well, 'Power of Thought' is the same thing that doesn't conform to the regulations of a prayer. 

When a large group of monks meditated for peace (thought long and hard), city crime decreased Washington crime reduced by 23% by TM group in four weeks. Now this a correlation, but it's a good one.

I had a large group of people on the internet thinking about me. They were focused on one specific aspect. I possitively reached my goal. It's a correlation, but it's a good one.
______________________________
  

Let's put this 'opening of my hands' into perspective. I keep saying that I am slowly getting better. Some might look at the two photographs and think, "7 months to open hands. That is a long time."

The thinking is wrong. I really haven't been opening my hands since before my incident. My incident was in December of 2002. It's now December 2016. That means it took fourteen years to open my hands. THAT IS REALLY LONG!

Can I get an applause for staying focused for so long? Fourteen years is a long time.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment