Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mesmerized By What My Eyes Have Seen


I knew every step of the way. I don't care what others said, I knew. I couldn't say anything. I had no voice. It's said vegetative people don't  know. Well, not this vegetative person. I knew. My body just didn't show it.
 
My first word was "No."    Any wonder why?
 
Family was told, "She doesn't know you," and "She doesn't know you are there."  Wrong. I knew. I knew who visited and who didn't. Not only did I know my name, where I was, what day it was, and who was president (all hospital questions.), but I could give a short history of most subjects and explain how most things work. Of course all of this was in my head. I had no way to get it out.

That's why I'm happy to have this finger and a computer. I can say and be understood.

Don't say,  "She doesn't remember." I do. I  remember everything. All I've seen...
                 





______________________________ _______________

 

  The closest I could find to my situation that was on video was:


He just doesn't have the memory or awareness  of the rehabilitation. I do. I'd also venture to say it's not done yet with me. Obviously it's not done if there is continued substantial progress, rehab is not done. His rehab was a few years. It's already been quite a few with me recovering skills. I'm still listed as being in a coma. Isn't this proof enough I'm not?

All kinds of questions should be asked now.

No comments:

Post a Comment