Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Was Crowd-Sourcing


.



Crowd-sourcing is, according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the practice of obtaining needed services, ideas, or content by soliciting contributions from a large group of people, and especially from an online community, rather than from traditional employees or suppliers  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdsourcing



Did you  know that when you type a captcha you are helping to digitize a book? You are just one of many people who are doing this. When some of the older texts are scanned it looks like a photocopy of a photocopy. Computers can't read them...but humans can. So that's where those words in some captchas come from. When you type what you see you just digitized a word for someone like me. Many people have a different captcha. Now a whole text is done. The problem of digitizing all those words was solved with crowd-sourcing.    
 
A little bit for an individual...BUT, put all the people together you have "communal value."


    
Here's the same idea only with money...


He channeled all those half-cents to his paycheck. He was one happy employee!

So, every little bit adds up. Look at his paycheck!




My diagnosis didn't seem right. I didn't expect any one person to get it. I needed many.
 

I've pretty much have done the same with my diagnosis. I knew it was wrong, but no one could tell me  what was going on. By putting everything on the internet, it became a communal problem. I got "communal value."

All the ideas came in.... People knew of all sorts of stuff, but no one person knew everything. I had to take all that stuff and make sense. Now I have something. Crowd-sourcing helped me solve a problem.


To everybody:








No comments:

Post a Comment