Monday, June 4, 2012

My Stupid Boss




If you are approved for IHSS, you must hire someone (your individual provider) to perform the authorized services. You are considered your provider's employer and, therefore, it is your responsibility to hire, train, supervise, and fire this individual. http://www.cdss.ca.gov/cdssweb/PG135.htm
 
I receive this program. IHSS stands for In-Home Support Services. I live independently in my own home. "The IHSS Program will help pay for services provided to you so that you can remain safely in your own home." http://www.cdss.ca.gov/agedblinddisabled/PG1296.htm That says something right there. I'm deemed competent enough to live in my own home, without constant nursing supervision.
 
I got out of the hospital in 2006. It has been quite a few years that I have  been living independently. It would be quite a shame that a higher power would decide now I should be placed in a care home (at the tax payer's expense). Leaving me as PVS, permanent vegetative state, does that, though. It is conceivable that a person with PVS is put in a home to never be heard from again.
  
It says something else, though. This has bothered me. It's okay  to be a mentally incompetent employer. This gives meaning to the phrase "My stupid  boss." That could be true and that's fine with the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment