Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Talking Vegetable

Yes, I Talk


At the last hospital I was at during my long stay, I was classified "semi-vegetative." What was that? I looked for a definition. I couldn't find one. Finally, a doctor on a social network told me, "It's semi-PVS."
 
Was medicine trying to break down the barriers of politics? I had moved up in PVS to "semi." Were they going to come up with another level? Even if they did, it wouldn't be for me. I'm beyond that now. I was laughing with someone today, "Do I look vegetative?" "No."

A  while back there was a woman named Terri Schiavo. The government decided she could not recover from PVS (Persistent Vegetative State), and therefore she could die. So, once PVS always PVS. Or, once a vegetable always a vegetable.

So I came to the conclusion, I talk and I'm PVS. I'm a talking vegetable!

UPDATED PICTURE 4/23/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment