Thursday, January 26, 2012

That's Just The Way It Is

updated 7/26/2014
             3/23/2017
 




Angela 1 hour ago
coma for 7 yrs (actually it didn't feel like that cuz it was semi-coma for most, so I was awake)
Rapinymuzik 1 hour ago
u were awake, so it probably felt more than 7 years then....
Angela 52 minutes ago
It's become a way of life. That's just how it is now.

It's just become a way of life. I've gotten used to it. Nothing for me is the same as it was before the stroke. It just is the way it is now.

I was hospitalized 4 years, and I've now been in my own home (with medical equipment) for many years. It's been a while. In that time my kids have grown up and I have lived all over the state. That's just the way it is.

I'll start with my hospitalization. It started normal enough, but the insurance ran out. I then did what I call the "Medicaid Shuffle", I was moved from place to place, sometimes for only a month. I managed to stay at the last place the longest, a year and a half. It was a real hospital. The long-term unit closed, though. Those people went to nursing homes mostly. I went home which is unheard of. All that instability can be a cause of death. That doesn't stop it from happening. I got used to it because that's just the way it is.

My kids, that's a story in itself, I lost custody of them when this happened. The first year was bad for them. My boyfriend, father of the youngest, had them. The court gave custody to my sister the following year. She had them all this time. I finally got custody in time for the oldest to graduate and  move out. 

I live with that because that's just the way it is.

I'm still not conscious. That's becoming a joke...but that's the way it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment