Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Micro-Swallow






Long ago I watched a video of Edward Taub where he described micro-movements. He was talking about CI Therapy and the arm that did not move. The paralyzed arm actually was doing these micro-movements. CI Therapy is Constraint-Induced [movement] Therapy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constraint-induced_movement_therapy




I believe the same thing is happening with my swallowing. It's there, but the motion of swallowing is so "micro", that it is not detectable by current methods.


Back when I was in rehab it was common to hear a therapist say 'visualize yourself doing...' and then a desired task was said. This may be a building block to the formation of a memory.

I wonder if these memories are then the "micro-movements" that precede a desired action. The movements are not detectable, yet a person would swear that they are doing the desired movement.

"Proof is in the pudding." I have been visualizing, exercising, then moving for years. Just look at my pictures and videos.



No comments:

Post a Comment