Monday, October 22, 2018

Limited Vision



Don Herbert was blind.

Something you should know, I was blind. The man above, Don Herbert, was blind, most likely due to oxygen deprivation when his hose kinked. I had oxygen deprivation when my heart stopped. Sure I was already on artificial respiration, but that's no good without a heart, CPR, or other means to circulate my blood. My brain was deprived of oxygen available.

It will most likely freak people out that I come back to say this. I do, so get over it!

Now I couldn't be tested on a communication board if I can't see it. I failed communication and was made vegetative. My mother saw differently. She did super big letters on flash cards as I had some vision with my left eye. It wasn't a total Helen Keller situation. I progressed.

I now see with both eyes. I continue to be low vision, but I can see across the room.

I don't have a phone. The letters are too small to read. Besides, I couldn't hold it. I use a laptop. I see enough now.






11/15/2018 Update
My right eye was patched shut and I could only see in front of me with the left, I first had to wiggle the patch off. I closed my left eye and only saw light. This is what a pediatric ophthalmologist does when he/she patches the good eye.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment