Sunday, October 8, 2017

I'm Not in a Coma


"(Just because savant syndrome never occurred so low before, doesn't mean it can't now. Medicine has advanced.)" http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2015/08/is-savant-syndrome-proper.html

...or maybe it was already there. The acquired brought out my congenital. I've said congenital is what kept me alive when I should have died. Think about it...why was my body still alive after being shuffled all day to three different places before "emergency" surgery took place? Also, why did I wake up? Now it's, why am I so smart?
Start answering questions. Don't shuffle me around. Why am I still in a coma?



I think it's pretty stupid to say that I am in a coma. I don't even remotely look like that anymore. Yes, I once was, and yes, you could get away with saying that for a few years. This just shows you how slow the healing process is. No one has kept track of the small neuronal changes that were pointed out years ago. ["Their quantification of white matter reorganization shows long-distance rewiring in posterior medial cortices, possibly reflecting axonal sprouting or neurite outgrowth, maybe even related to neurogenesis (known to occur primarily in associative cortices in normal primates)." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1483158/

I have this written elsewhere and it is much simpler, http://braininjuryknow.blogspot.com/2013/04/getting-there.html
"The nerve fibers from the cells were severed, but the cells themselves remained intact." Nerve cells that have not died can form new connections."
http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2016/10/disabled-or-idiot.html]

First, I stopped breathing at a clinic. I was intubated and put on a respirator. More than five hours and two hospitals later, emergency brain surgery was done. I should have been dead already.

Closed-eye coma followed. That can be expected. Five weeks later, I open my eyes. Actually, my left eye. I don't respond. I'm given vegetative. That is expected.

What wasn't expected is five months later I was responding to the doctor with blinking. There's no form. The doctor hand-writes a letter. I'm left vegetative, but the payee is removed... so I can pay my own bills on time. I get shuffled to a few more places and actually argue with a nurse that I am conscious.

Hand-written letter as there is no form.

Somehow in this, I retain the wits to have an independent university correct the condition that was supposed to kill me. I also can speak a few words now. None of that is tracked.

A couple years later I go home. I have no clue that the government never took me out of a coma because there was no form. My medical services were extremely limited. A very helpful reporter stepped in and we figured that I never woke from a coma on government paperwork. Basically, that letter was no good back then.

I've contacted The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, CMS, and I'm Still a Vegetable That Handles Money and I let everyone know I still remain in a coma. A few years pass. The local paper does a story, newspaper article scanned into story. I'm still in a coma. Last December (2016) my food was cut off. I guess the government thought I didn't need to eat. I was tested at the hospital and it was seen that I can't swallow. I eventually get food reinstated.

No matter what I do, I am not found to be conscious. Now, it's because I can't swallow.

This was just coming home, "I thought...for a brain injured person to get out of the hospital and live on his or her own, they will need a photographic memory and have excellent math skills. They will have to be a genius!" To be made conscious when already not, I have yet to see that. It may not be possible. This means everyone with a brain injury can't get better. That would take a re-diagnosis, and most people aren't diagnosed again.

Who knows what I am now in, but it is not a coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment