Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Conscious Vegetable


http://m.medicalxpress.com/news/2015-10-patients-vegetative-state-retain-awareness.html


"In highlighting damage to the pathways that physically connect the thalamus, one of the hubs of consciousness if you will, and the motor cortex, which drives our voluntary muscular activity, as the reason behind the dissociation we have provided an important explanation." Motor damage is seen in me a lot. I have problems in being able to move now. It has taken me years just to get one finger to type.

I say there is a second disorder also present in me which brings about the movement you see much faster than usual. This second disorder has a great deal of neuroplasticity, as well as it is also brought on by a brain injury.

Due to this second disorder, I didn't emerge from a coma...I can tell you all about it. I have an incredible memory. http://thoughtfulveg.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-order-of-coming-back.html tells which of my developmental skills came back first, and the order in which they appeared.

This all remains to be determined, though. Currently I am told I am in a coma. (If 13 years are fast, then what is typical?)


No comments:

Post a Comment