Saturday, August 1, 2015

AVM Bleed


In 2002 I had an Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) that bled. This video shows a simple AVM and repair.



A second bleed would kill me. Most would have died from that first bleed.

The AVM was removed in 2004 in a risky surgery that only a private university would do. I had to sign many papers. The place couldn't be sued if I died.

Obviously, I survived.
 
____________________________

This is where a government error lies. The surgery wasn't in their parameters. So it didn't exist and never occurred.

The way they had it figured, a second bleed would kill me. Family was told I "wouldn't make it to 40." (I'm 45 as of this writing.)

No AVM meant there was nothing to bleed. An early death should have been erased. If case management was done, this would have been taken care of. Instead an error was carried forward.

Now it's a miracle I'm still alive. (This is erroneous thinking.)
____________________________

Give that university, Stanford, credit for the skill of it's doctors. The process wasn't easy. It took over a month. There was no magic.

The video shows a procedure called 'embolization.' I had a few at Stanford before the AVM was removed. This video is simple. It is done one time and is represented by the blue line going up the woman's body. It then shoots a substance, glue in my case, into feeder blood vessels of the AVM. I had brain surgery through an incision in my leg; amazing!

My AVM was eventually removed after a few of these. Routine brain surgery was done for that.

As you can see, there was no magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment