Saturday, January 30, 2021

Just Chill: Therapeutic Hypothermia

That I am alive and talking is proof of the efficacy of this procedure. I attribute writing to neural repair surgery performed at another hospital. Writing could not occur unless I was alive. These two hospitals are responsible for the current outcome. Actions are dependent on each other. Incredible knowledge is due to a third source, or myself. It all makes the situation rather complicated. It all begins with freezing me. Other actions could not occur if this did not happen.

__________________________


I must have seen it on TV:  A person has a heart attack, or something and an ambulance takes that person to the hospital. There they freeze the person. Life-saving surgery is done and they live happily ever after.
__________________


 
Maybe I didn't see it on TV. I only know it because it happened to me in real life. Except for the "happily ever after" part, all that stuff happened.

I wanted to know what happened. I knew how to get and read records as I did this as a job requirement. I couldn't do this for a few years, though. I had tons of problems. (For the record, I've had experience providing care and developmental intervention.) I'd have to personally work on myself. I had a personal therapist.

Medical records read that I was treated for hypothermia. I was shocked. It made sense that I had Therapeutic Hypothermia.

I had a stroke and I stopped breathing at a clinic. I was put on a ventilator and into an ambulance I went. The ambulance drove down a mountain through a snowstorm to take me to a hospital. The hospital put me on a helicopter. I was flown to a trauma center. 

At the trauma center, I was cooled. I wasn't frozen all the way. My heart stopped at that hospital. I had to have surgery to stop bleeding in the brain.



Videos of this procedure are hard to find.



I had a procedure where my body temperature was lowered before surgery. They don't freeze all the way because that can cause complications. The process is called Therapeutic Hypothermia. 


What is Therapeutic Hypothermia?


In the above video, the woman keeps referring to babies. This process has been used more on infants. This video says 2018 as upload. My surgery was 2002. I bet that I am one of the first adults.

I type this with my pointer finger. It took me years just to be able to do that. Obviously, it has not been "happily ever after." It's been hard work for me. 

Body Cooling is done to preserve the brain. I got lucky. They chose the right brain. I was smart before, but this is shouting. The whole world can see it. Something happened.

  



You're only cooler if you are a cherry popsicle.


No comments:

Post a Comment