Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What's So Special?


Why would a doctor do this? What happened? 

   Dr Melvin Morse

I had a stroke. I had a really bad stroke. It was so bad that most wouldn't survive. I'm not sure if anyone has survived the following description...

CLICK

On determining brain death, 3i of https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2772257/ reads, "Examination of the patient-absence of spontaneous movement, decerebrate or decorticate posturing, seizures, shivering, response to verbal stimuli, and response to noxious stimuli administered through a cranial nerve path way." (This is brain death and the same as my medical record.)

From that description, I am dead.

The word  'decerebrate' stands out to me. It's used in some circles as a term for brain-dead.

decerebrate

 [de-ser´ĕ-brāt]
1. to eliminate cerebral function by transection of the brainstem or ligation of the common carotid arteries and basilar artery at the center of the pons.

 
Now this gets funny to me. Do I appear to be dead? Um...I want a second opinion.

I was only mostly dead, though. I didn't have any miracle workers or magic pills. I did it all on my own.



Of the countless near death experiences, how many of them have actual medical reports purporting brain death? That's what's so special. I am brain dead. To make it even more amazing, you get what came with me before...high intelligence and memory. So a brain-dead person is writing to you. I am having a very hard time getting my diagnosis changed because 'no one comes back from death.'

I can't get a second opinion because the first one was written in permanent ink. All I can say to all of this is, "I was never all the way dead!"





UPDATED 5/17/2017

1 comment:

  1. Angela, You amaze me yet again! Your knowledge, as well as your wit, is truly inspiring. Thank you so much for continuing to send your fantastic postings to me!

    ReplyDelete