Monday, February 18, 2019

Neurogenic Tremor


Click for own window

This post was inadvertently deleted. I had saved a copy in my e-mail. Most likely this behavior had never been seen before in the situation presented and was being described.

I have and still do experience neurogenic tremors. Most notedly I will have clonus in my left leg. I'll be seated, I do not walk, and for no known reason, my leg starts bouncing. There is no pain.

I learned to "plant my heel", I'd press down on it. Sometimes repositioning my foot helped. It was too far out and the clonus started.

Note: I did not do any TRE, Tension or Trauma Release Exercises. My clonus came from waking up out of a coma.






What does it mean if you have clonus?

Clonus is a series of involuntary, rhythmic, muscular contractions and relaxations. Clonus is a sign of certain neurological conditions, particularly associated with upper motor neuron lesions involving descending motor pathways, and in many cases is, accompanied by spasticity (another form of hyperexcitability).


__________________________________________

I  had serious Post-Traumatic Stress, n I still do. Dying probably did that. This condition has yet to be diagnosed.






No comments:

Post a Comment