Saturday, March 6, 2021

Are you Decerebrate?

 

This is the Tweet getting a lot of attention.



"Are you decerebrate?"

I was going to answer 'yes', but I realized he was being derogatory. It was Twitter and he was a med student. He was calling me stupid.

This person didn't know that years earlier I had a stroke and exhibited decerebrate posturing to pain. This person was using it to mean 'brain dead.' The doctors said that I was brain dead back then.

It was really bad.
______________

It has been many years and I have had many procedures since then. I'm not the condition you call decerebrate anymore.

Do I look like I am brain dead? Yes, I am disabled, but I am not brain dead. The doctors back when I had the stroke could foresee the future, though. Who is stupid now?



No comments:

Post a Comment