Sunday, November 8, 2020

My Cerebellum Was Fixed

 

It's not amazing that I type. I have 1 good arm n a piece 
of brain was missed. That piece was missed n I now talk. 
The cerebellum rewired n now I talk?



Here it is 16 years after surgery, and I think my cerebellum is still rewiring.

What does the cerebellum do?


The cerebellum receives information from the sensory systems, the spinal cord, and other parts of the brain and then regulates motor movements. The cerebellum coordinates voluntary movements such as posture, balance, coordination, and speech, resulting in smooth and balanced muscular activity.















Stanford restructured my cerebellum. The AVM that bled and caused all this damage was there. They removed it. That wasn't easy. I had to go in a few times just to shrink it.

When the AVM was shrunk to operable size, it was removed. Stanford also took out scar tissue and cleaned up the area. I bet age related damage was also removed, as this is seen in my appearance. I will assume this is temporary since I keep aging.



So Stanford restructured my cerebellum. It looked good. They didn't know if they had fixed it. That would take time. The brain would have to grow.





"What happens is that there is an injury to one part of the brain—most often the left hemisphere. And there is what I called a recruitment of still-intact brain tissue elsewhere. The brain seeks to correct the imbalance and will find an undamaged area, most often in the right hemisphere. There is then rewiring to that new area..."  https://www.vice.com/en/article/bn5qew/whats-new-in-the-field-of-savant-syndrome-research-611

An area of my brain was out-right missed when I got the brain injury.

This will get some people.  The area of my brain wasn't available at the time of my injury.


The area my brain rewired to was my cerebellum. This area first had to have the anomaly, the AVM, removed, and it had to be cleaned and repaired before it could receive anything. 

Once that was done, it would have to grow. The human brain takes years. Rewiring happens during this time. I may be rewiring right now.
 





I didn't know the cerebellum did speech until I looked it up. Watching the above video, it reveals the cerebellum is involved in higher processes. How could I come up with a concept of missing information in time?

We will see as I get older. I believe my brain is still growing. I have at least 25 years from the date of surgery for brain growth (if development stops at age 25). Any time thereafter is unknown. (Calculation is another high process.)

The high processes will also be seen.
 


As for my high IQ thing, it was there before the brain injury. This writing is my second explosion of creativity. Piano was my first. My cerebellum rebooting is entangled, so they go together. Whatever you get will be enhanced.


No comments:

Post a Comment