Friday, October 25, 2019

Slow, Glacial-paced Growth: Neurosculpting




Quote
Use "biological" instead of "genetic".


It doesn't seem like genetic engineering with my case. It was neurosculpting. The neurosurgeon is an artist. I was the medium.

The slow, glacial growth is obvious. I have it documented on one site. The others have folded. It's on Flickr and  Facebook has a photo album called photo progression.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/angelar70/sets/72157625839268830/
Progression is seen in pictures taken over years.

Progression is more equivalent  to growth and is taking years.
_____________________





I didn't set out to receive genetic engineering. It was more like a biological correction, but I guess it was a bioengineering process.

A couple years before a second brain surgery, I had an AVM stroke, where a large AVM (arteriovenous malformation), blood balloon, leaked out blood, but never popped. You see, these things usually burst. So I had a giant blood balloon in my head, only getting bigger. It could pop at any moment and kill me.

I wanted to take it out. Nobody would touch it, though, because it was too deep in my brain. 

So I lived every day as my last day for nearly 2 years. The initial leaking out of blood was a severe brain bleed that should have killed me. So those 2 years were mainly spent just trying to breathe. (My first year was on a ventilator. My second year was on a ventilator tube weaned to room air. My third year was just an open hole in my neck.) 


___________________



A doctor at Stanford University thought he might be able to get the AVM out. There were a series of treatments ending with a craniostomy.



All of this was successful. Stanford could have that blasted thing that wreaked havoc in my life!

___________________




Those treatments had a bit of radiation in them. It was low level, but it could still change DNA.

My hair got curly. This sounds like no big deal, but I remembered back to a biology teacher saying that hair getting curly could mean there was a DNA change.







___________________




it will be a slow process, because one will have to wait about 18 years to see the effect of changes

Slowly getting  better the last 15 years  is what I  have been doing. I've started thinking that getting better is a superpower.


we will be able to increase the complexity of our DNA, and improve the human race

I don't know about my DNA (just a hunch), but my intelligence and longevity have improved .

You ended up with a piece of art. You have a neuro-sculpture.


No comments:

Post a Comment