Thursday, August 23, 2018

Tube Out




It disturbed quite a few people (that's how many it appeared to me) that a young woman had her feeding-tube removed. She subsequently died.

Through misfortune, I ended up vegetative with a feeding-tube, but later, with good fortune, I can have my feeding-tube removed and report back to those people and others. I am not totally without a tube, now. I just have a new one.

This video above just shows taking out a feeding-tube. It doesn't show another tube being inserted.

After the old tube is out, a new one is put in, in my case anyway. For a lot, once it's out, that's it. When I was in the hospital, I had the same tube for years. (I was in various hospitals 4 years.)

"Healing" for me when replacing my tube is swelling and leaking. After a few days that stops. All resumes as normal.

Since I am "aware", although my diagnosis says I'm not, I can replace my feeding-tube through my Medicare. My diagnosis is "Semi-Vegetative." That sounds different. I obviously talk now, so vegetative doesn't cut it. Doctors aren't sure what to call me.

There's no starving here. I may not be able to do a lot, but I can direct my care. It's good fortune that I tell you.

________________________________________

Now remember how I said that it appeared to me that quite a few people were disturbed by what happened to this other woman? I've recently been adding quite a few to one social media site. (I belong to a few different Social Media programs, so look.) The following video was sent to me. I immediately thought of the woman who passed away.

Thank you congregation.
This video did not have any identifiers.


To the people who were bothered by that other outcome, the same thing didn't happen here. Nothing here is the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment