Friday, December 14, 2018

Holding Back The Years





"Don't worry, Mom. You'll get old before the movie is over."

16 years has already been a long movie. The 16th will be my 16th anniversary since the stroke. (That was 12/16/2002.)
I can't embed this video.
This is why I found the movie interesting.

My "core body temperature" had dropped during the stroke I had. Medical records read that I had hypothermia. Knowing that I had had surgery, I assume my body temperature was intentionally dropped. Hospitals are such cold places!

I wasn't hit by lightening like in the movie. I was shocked, though. During the surgery, my heart had stopped. Now I was already cold. I was a cold lifeless body. My heart was shocked to restart it.

Doctors resuscitated my heart. They brought heartbeat back. Not only did they do that, but records state that I was treated for hypothermia. My body was warmed up to normal body temperature.

The movie is fictitious. I'm not the first person to be resuscitated after a body temp drop. There would be other ageless people if that was the case. I did have a stroke, though. I think the magic that happened can be found in there.
 
Family members have remarked, "I think the stroke made you younger." It may have. I expect to eventually age. I don't know how long this will last.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment